They are looking for family fun recipes that are kid-friendly, wholesome, and easy to make? These kid-friendly recipes can be made in batches and stored in the freezer. The best part is that they’re so delicious that your kids will ask for more! From sweet strawberry gazpacho to savory chicken meatballs with tomato sauce, these family fun recipes are wholesome, kid-friendly, and super delicious. See what you think…
Chicken Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
These meatballs are ground chicken, herbs, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and eggs. They are so delicious with a simple tomato sauce. Fantastic for freezing and cooking at a later date. Great for kids, parties, or a family dinner.
What You Need Serves 4 - 6 oz breadcrumbs
- 6 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
What You Should Do - Firstly, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, onion, dried herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, andtwo2 eggs in a large bowl.
- Then, add the ground chicken and mix well.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan and fry the meatballs on all sides until they are browned and cooked.
- Next, add the tomato sauce, water, crushed red pepper flakes and fresh parsley leaves.
Baked Salmon with Spinach and Roasted Potatoes
This salmon and potato dish is a perfect family dinner. Delicious salmon fillets topped with crispy spinach and roasted potatoes. An ideal combination of protein and carbohydrates. What You Need Serves 4
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 6 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese - 4 salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
What You Should Do - Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and then place them on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix in the chopped onionfor 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Just One Batch of Rainbow Frozen Yogurt Bites
These frozen yogurt bites are so colorful and fun to eat. Kids will love these frozen yogurt treats; they are a great way to sneak in some extra fruits, veggies, and fiber. A delicious, cool, creamy frozen yogurt treat is so easy to make. Great for parties and family gatherings.
What You Need Serves 4
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
What You Should Do - Firstly, combine the milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Next, remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- In the meantime, place all the frozen fruits in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Now, add the frozen yogurt to the frozen fruit puree and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt mixture into an airtight container, freeze for several hours and serve!
These family fun recipes can be made in batches and frozen for those busy nights when you don’t have time to cook. These recipes are kid-friendly, wholesome, and super delicious. What kid doesn’t love sweet strawberry gazpacho or yummy baked salmon with spinach and roasted potatoes? These recipes are so easy to make and freeze well. Perfect for busy families, parties, or a family dinner. Enjoy!